Litter Angels is a charity set up by Gordon Henderson MP over five years ago to create, through education, awareness about the anti-social nature of litter and its effect on our local environment.
Working in partnership with McDonald’s and Keep Britain Tidy, Litter Angels gets its message across by running an annual anti-litter poster competition for year 5 pupils in a number of primary schools in the county.
Schools that agree to take part will receive a pack in September. The pack will include:
• A presentation with information about the campaign and interesting facts about litter.
• A copy of the Litter Angels storybook.
• Instructions on how to enter the annual anti-litter poster competition.
• Instructions on how to design an educational and vibrant anti-litter poster.
• Fun activities sheets and stickers for the children.
Once all the entries have been received they will then be narrowed down to one winner from each school which will be announced at a special presentation evening towards the end of the year. Each winner will receive a goodie bag containing a certificate, a personalised mug and a copy of the Litter Angels storybook.
One overall winning poster will be displayed in McDonald’s car parks across Thanet and both the school and winning pupil will each win a cash prize!
Further information can be found on the following website: www.litterangels.org.