Litter Angels is a charity set up by Gordon Henderson MP in 2008 to create, through education, awareness about the anti-social nature of litter and its effect on our local environment.
Working in partnership with McDonald’s and Keep Britain Tidy, Litter Angels gets its message across by running an annual anti-litter poster competition for year 5 pupils in a number of primary schools across Kent.
Schools that agree to take part receive a lesson pack in September. The pack includes:
• A presentation with information about the campaign and interesting facts about litter.
• A copy of the Litter Angels storybook.
• Instructions on how to enter the annual anti-litter poster competition.
• Instructions on how to design an educational and vibrant anti-litter poster.
• Fun activities sheets and stickers for the children.
Once all the entries have been received they are narrowed down to one winner from each school. Each winner receives a goodie bag containing a certificate, a personalised mug and a copy of the Litter Angels storybook.
One overall winning poster is displayed in McDonald’s car parks in their local area and both the school and winning pupil each win a cash prize!
Further information can be found on the following website: www.litterangels.org.